Saturday 3 January 2015

Malala Fights for Youth Educational Rights. She Is the Youngest Nobel Peace Prize Winner!



hindustantimes
Oslo Oslo, December 12, 2014


Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 at the youngest age. In 2013, she spoke from the podium of the UN Headquarters, “I’m here to speak up for the right of the education of every child!” She lives in life-threatening danger from the Taliban, but has claimed the right of the education for all children and women.


Malala was born in 1997 in Mingora, Pakistan. In 2009, the Taliban banned girls’ education service by destroying girls' school. They continued to threaten the girls to pursue education. Malala suffered a gunshot wound on her shoulder and forehead from the Taliban in the bus after school in 2012. She lost her consciousness and was transferred to Birmingham, England with her family. After her wound was treated in England, she was safe.


After this incident was reported, the whole world outraged. As soon as Malala was recovered, she worked as an activist advocating women's education around the world.





My Opinion...


Malala is 17 years old like me and my friends. I compared Malala to myself and my friends around. We think of education as a natural right like breathing air but we don’t gratitude our precious educational rights. Students aren’t pleased with their life filled with exams or homework and they tried to find a way out of that. On the opposite side of the earth, youths of the same age with me are under threat and crave for our basic education righst that we wanted to escape from.
I am fully aware of how happy I am and lucky to receive support and encouragement from my entire family.
Idle teens I see in school who do not prepare their future, waste time, or don't take advantage of the benefits of education constituted a sharp contrast and gave me a great lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment